Sunday, September 30, 2012

I miss Vincent - I miss painting - I miss blogging - I miss all of you!

Hello!

I know that I have been completely MIA after promising to faithfully paint and blog each week.  No, fear not, I am not wearing a fully sleeved and tied white jacket - I have not been that kind of committed, as Vincent was.  (And I want you all to know that I still remain very committed to this project, in the way that I described to you in my first post.)

What happened was, in today's economic climate, something of a miracle.  Three days after putting our house on the market, we had a contract.  So I have been busy preparing to move.

I am happy to report that our new space is a sunny, open, light flooded loft; we will be moving into the entire second floor of an old granite bank building in the heart of our small town's downtown district.  We had looked at it, fallen in love with it, and decided to leave things in God's hands.  I have to admit that I was surprised He would answer so quickly!

Best of all, there is a place for me to paint and to write, so I will be able to continue with the blog as soon as we have completely moved in.

This week we had the space repainted, and I was amazed at how quickly and confidently I was able choose colors - I think all of my painting and thinking so much about color (and how Vincent put hues together) really paid off - When everything is completed I will post some pictures.

Although I am not writing about Vincent, I am sure thinking about him, and contemplating what it must have been like for him to move the many times that he did during his adult life.  I plan on exploring that subject in the blog when I return to it - which I hope is sometime around the first of November.

I will extend the project to make up for the weeks I am missing; although this is a year long venture, my real commitment is to 52 paintings and 52 blogs.

Thanks to all who are continuing to read in my absence.  Feel free to make some comments and "discuss amongst yourselves..."

I have no painting for you, only pictures of some really cute little dogs...

Poco

Brio


Happy October, and I will see you all on the other side of the month.

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment